Camp Forms & Policies
For winter, ski week, and spring break camps, the only form you need is a regular JCC class registration form.
Summer Camp 2014 Forms
- Registration Form
Print a camp registration form. (PDF format)
- Scholarship application -- Scholarships are provided by the Jewish Federation of Silicon Valley. Applications should be submitted to Jeri Jensen at the Jewish Federation, firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.357.7507. Or visit http://www.jvalley.org/how-we-help/scholarships
Summer Camp 2014 Information and Policies
Frequently Asked Questions (PDF format)
Camp Shalom 2014 Brochure (PDF format)
Family Handbook 2014 for Pashoshim and Katan Campers (PDF format)
14855 Oka Road, Los Gatos, CA 95032.
The Camp Office is located in the JCC Teen Lounge prior to the start of camp, and will move to the school side of the building once camp begins in June. Please come by and visit!
Camp Hours for Preschool-Age Children (Katan & Pashoshim)
- Drop Off: 9:00am
- Pick Up: 12:30pm (4:00pm for Ariot)
- Full Day: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Half Day: 9:00am-12:30pm
- Extended Care (Kif Kef): 8:00am-9:00am and 12:30pm-6:00pm
Camp Hours K- 10th grades
- Camp Office: 9:00am-3:30pm M-F
- Drop Off: 8:45am-9:00am
- Pick Up: 4:00pm-4:15pm
- Full Day: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Half Day: 9:00am-12:30pm
- Extended Care: 7:30am-9:00am and 4:00pm-6:00pm
How to Register for Camp
Completed paper forms can be mailed to the JCC, scanned and submitted via email to email@example.com, or submitted in person to the Camp Office or to the JCC Service Desk in the main lobby. Preschool families may also submit forms to APJCC Preschool Office.
Applicants must be in good financial standing with the JCC to register for any camp program.
Camp Open House
Get a taste of camp by coming to our free Back to Camp Event, “Camp Shalom Adventure,” from 3:00-5:00pm on February 16th at the JCC! More information about the Back to Camp event...
Deposits are due upon registration. Deposits are nonrefundable and nontransferable to other JCC programs and services outside of Camp Shalom. Balances for all camp programs regardless of session must be paid in full by May 30th, 2014 in order to complete enrollment. The JCC will not guarantee placement if balances are outstanding after that date.
Required deposits per session, per program:
- Pashoshim and Katan: $200
- All other programs: $150*
* Fees for all camps under $150, and fees for Camp Yoetz, must be paid in full at the time of enrollment.
Camp Discounts/ Financial Aid
- Sibling discount: If you are enrolling more than one child in camp, the 2nd child, and each child afterwards (3rd, 4th, etc.) will receive a $30 discount for each session in which a sibling is enrolled. Discount is applicable to the lower camp fee. Yoetz, Teen Travel Camps and LEGO® are not eligible for sibling discount.
- Referral discount: Receive a $50 camp credit for each new camper you refer to Camp Shalom 2014. “New” is defined as a child whose household has never sent a child to any APJCC Camp Program in the past. New camper(s) must indicate the referral on their registration form. Only applicable at their original time of enrollment, families may not go back and enter this information after original time of registration. Madrichim, LEGO®, Dance, and Soccer are not eligible for referral discounts.
- Camperships (Camp Scholarship): The Jewish Federation of Silicon Valley provides camperships to families that qualify. To apply for a campership, please contact Jeri Jensen at the Jewish Federation of Silicon Valley: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Or download the Jewish Federation's campership application here.) Open registration for camperships begins 2/1/14, and ends once all funds have been awarded. To reserve your child’s place at camp, submit a camp registration form clearly indicating that you are applying for a campership (field located on the application). Checking this box does not mean you have received a scholarship, but indicates you have submitted campership documents. If you are denied a campership, Camp Shalom will refund your deposit in full, if you choose to cancel your enrollment. Also see http://www.jvalley.org/how-we-help/scholarships
Camp Shalom Food Policy
All food provided by Camp Shalom (snack, cooking time, etc.) will be kosher-style or vegetarian. Please do not send your camper with meat, shellfish, or peanut butter in their lunches. For a list of yummy lunch ideas see the Camp Shalom Parent Packet, which will be mailed to you after you register for camp.
Is there an alternative to me packing lunch each day?
House of Bagels, the cafe on our campus, provides camp lunches. If you order lunches in advance, they will be delivered to your child at camp. The lunch menu and order form are available by clicking here, or by visiting the House of Bagels. For questions and more information, contact House of Bagels at 408.357.7446.
Camp Shalom Cancellation Policy
Refunds of camp fees will be granted, less deposit, only if the JCC is notified in writing of withdrawal prior to May 30th, 2014. After May 30th, 2014, no refunds will be granted. All deposits are non-refundable.
For cancellations due to illness or physical limitation, a physician’s letter is required. Depending on the severity of the illness or physical limitation, and according to the physician’s letter, the remaining program fees may be transferred to another program within the JCC (but not to membership dues or preschool tuition). All deposits are non-refundable.