APJCC Summer Camp is now Camp Shalom!
Camp Shalom is a summer adventure for children ages 18 months through 16 years old.
Camp Shalom is open to all faiths and backgrounds.
We offer a variety of camp programs, from traditional day camp to specialty camps. Camp runs all summer long.
Our 2014 dates were June 9-August 15. Regular hours for grades K-10 are 9:00am-4:00pm, with Extended Care available in the morning from 7:30am-9:00am and in the afternoon from 4:00pm-6:00pm. For preschool camp hours, see individual camp descriptions. Extended Care is also available for preschool camps.
We can't wait to see you next summer! Registration for Summer 2015 will start in January.
For more information, contact the camp office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.357.7416.
New in 2014
- More swimming: In summer 2014, all campers (kindergarten and up) swam EVERY DAY that they were on site. We also DOUBLED swim time so that campers got to swim for an entire hour.
- Longer camp day: We lengthened the camp day! That’s right, we will now be hosting camp 9:00- 4:00pm, for full day campers (kindergarten and older).
- Easier registration: Camp Shalom got a NEW and IMPROVED online registration system. Each family has an online camp account where you can register, fill out forms, and go back to review enrollment information. No more filling out the same form over and over again! We also have a printable registration form available if you prefer paper.
New themes: We have fun new theme weeks for our Yeledim, Sabra, and Kadima campers.
We offer sessions of varying lengths throughout the summer. We do not offer a drop-in option because we believe that an important part of the camp experience is for each child to develop a positive connection with a stable peer group.
Click the links below to see details about our various camp offerings, including descriptions, dates, times, and fees.
Pashoshim (ages 18-24 months)
Katan (ages 2-4 years)
Yeledim (for children who will enter kindergarten in the fall)
Sabra (entering 1st or 2nd grade in the fall)
Kadima (entering 3rd-6th grades in the fall)
Madrichim (entering 7th or 8th grade in the fall)
Yoetz (Counselor in Training program for youth entering 9th or 10th grades in the fall)
- All Sports (entering 1st-6th grades)
- Soccer (entering 1st-6th grades)
- Tennis (entering 1st-10th grades)
- Pre-Camp Week and Post-Camp Week (entering grades K-6)
- APJCC Dance Academy, Summer Style (ages 4-8 years)
- Cheer and Dance (ages 7-10 years)
- Circus (entering 1st-10th grades)
- Culinary Creations (entering 1st-6th grades)
- Dodgeball, Swimming and GaGa (entering 1st-2nd grades and entering 3rd-6th grades)
- LEGO Engineering (ages 5-7 years and ages 8-12 years)
- Musical Theater (entering 1st-8th grades)
- Southern California Adventure (entering 7th-10th grades)
- Summer Hip Hop and Jazz (ages 7-10 years)
- Wilderness Adventure (entering 5th-8th grades)
Facilities on our 9-acre campus include a heated swimming pool with certified lifeguards on duty at all times, athletic field, tennis courts, gymnasium, 3 playgrounds, science and nature station, 2 creative arts studios, dance studios, kitchen, theater auditorium, and air-conditioned classrooms. We are located next to the Los Gatos Creek Trail and close to Vasona Park for nature activities.
Every member of our fun, friendly and engaging staff is CPR and first-aid certified, has completed a fingerprint scan and LifeScan, and has completed a camp orientation and training sesssion. Our counselor to camper ratio is 1:8, except in our preschool camps where the ratio in Camp Pashoshim is 1:4 and the ratio in Camp Katan cabins varies, following state licensing regulations for the different age groups (2, 3, and 4 year olds).
Jason Goldstein, Camp Shalom Director
Jason has been with the APJCC since 2008, originally as the teen director, then as assistant program director, and now as Camp Director. He graduated from San Jose State University with a degree in Communication Studies and a minor in Public Relations in 2008, and received his MBA in 2013 from California State University Monterey Bay. Jason enjoys playing sports, going to Disneyland, and spending time with his wife, Kaila, whom he met at the JCC. You may also hear Jason referred to as Mr. Cheese by the campers for his undying love of all things cheesy.
David McCullough, Camp Pashoshim and Camp Katan Director
David has been here at the JCC since September 1991. His background is in elementary education and over the years has worn a variety of hats for the JCC. He has worked with the Preschool, Kidspace, summer camps, and sports and enrichment programs. During the school year he is a teacher in our Pre-K program and the Director of Enrichment Programs for Early Childhood Education.
He spends his time outside of work with his beautiful wife Elizabeth and trying to keep up with his eight-year-old daughter Samara.
American Camp Association (ACA) Accreditation
Camp Shalom is happy to announce that we are an American Camp Association accredited camp. ACA accreditation assures parents that the camp has had a regular, independent safety audit that goes beyond regulations in most states. ACA accreditation means that the Camp Shalom cares enough to undergo a thorough (over 300 health and safety standards) review of its operation — from staff qualifications and training to emergency management.
No accreditation process, no licensing program, no set of regulations or laws can guarantee safety. However, accreditation is the best evidence for parents that our camp is committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment for their children.