Shoestring Family Theatre
The Shoestring Family Theatre produces quality, recreational, family-oriented amateur productions of major plays and musicals at the JCC.
Our show in summer 2014 was Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka, a musical play based on the book and movie of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, plus some new material. Ticket prices for our summer 2014 show were $10 adults, $5 children.
Information on our summer 2015 show will be available in the spring.
Who do I contact for more information? Contact Josh Glincher at the JCC, firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.357.7447.
Photos of Past Performances
Past performances were at Presbyterian Church of Los Gatos. The Shoestring Family Theatre moved to the JCC in 2014.
Shoestring Family Theatre's Vision and Mission
Our vision is to establish the Shoestring Family Theatre as a true multi-generational performing arts organization for the community by:
- Producing an annual summer production (June-September) of a current or classic musical performed by an ensemble of talent from the surrounding community.
- Including all who desire to participate. Everyone who auditions for one of our shows is guaranteed a part.
- Enabling seasoned and novice performers of all ages. We don't care how many times you've been told that you can't sing, dance, or act. We say, "Yes, you CAN!" And then we follow through by teaching you how!
- Encouraging family participation in our productions. We are intentional about including people of all ages on stage together.
We provide musical memories and experiences of a lifetime with family, friends, and community by producing quality entertainment.
- To build a family of musical theatre artists and performers.
- To produce classic and new musicals that speak to contemporary audiences of all ages.
- To utilize the cultural resources and experience of the principals to serve as a bridge between the community of all ages, cultures, and backgrounds in the Valley.
- To help people find and use their talents and gifts and achieve individual growth for the benefit of the whole community.
- To foster the interaction of children, youth, adults, and seniors to achieve a common goal, proven to be a valuable growth experience for all involved.
- To strengthen the community by enabling and growing relationships that remain long after the final curtain.
- To engender all those we touch with an appreciation and understanding of the theatre and how it has enriched our cultural and aesthetic life.
Rehearsal Schedule for "Roald Dahl's Willie Wonka" Summer 2014
Note: We usually have two casts. Each cast will appear in three performances.
Sunday practice, June 8- August 17*, 2014, 2:00-5:00pm
*No practice 6/15/14, 7/6/14
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday practice, June 9- August 20, 2014, 6:45-9:00pm
Thursdays (dance practice), June 19- August 21, 2014, 7:00-9:00pm