Support the JCC
Join other JCC members and friends in strengthening our community.
None of your gift is used for administration, overhead, or health and fitness operating expenses. 100% of your gift goes to our community-strengthening programs such as hot lunches for seniors, recreation programs for children with special needs, subsidized memberships for low-income households, and Jewish education, arts and culture.
Here are some of our current projects:
- Scholarships. We give subsidized JCC memberships to more than 300 low-income households. Subsidized memberships include fitness center and pool access. They are awarded based on household income. We also give scholarships for preschool.
- Programs for older adults. Our programs for older adults are low-cost or free, thanks to our generous donors. Monthly hot lunches with entertainment, Movie Mondays, current events discussions, mah jongg games, our Grandpals Shabbat program which brings seniors together with preschoolers, and other programs are available.
- Programs for children with special needs. Our “Fun and Fitness with Friends” recreation program allows children ages 6 and up with special needs to participate in recreation center activities on Sunday afternoons. Each child is paired with a volunteer buddy who helps them with the day’s activities. We also offer a summer camp inclusion program, and dance classes and workshops. We are planning more programs coming soon, and are working to provide programs for adults as well.
- And more!
Every Gift is Important
• $36 provides Shabbat lunches for two seniors
• $180 provides one session of Fun & Fitness for children with special needs
• $250 covers a teen dance
• $500 provides an art exhibit
• $750 provides a lecture speaker
• $1000 subsidizes a membership or preschool scholarship
Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. The APJCC is a section 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, tax ID number 94-2222989.
See our Annual Report for your donation at work!